Thursday, November 25, 2010

Podcasts

To be honest I didn't listen to a lot of the pod casts listed. I found a lot of them went for a long time, the short ones seemed to take a long time to download (a bit like watching wet paint dry)and some of them didn't download at all. The expereinece left me brain dead :( Since then there has been a fire at the Claremont library and I see now how using podcasts could be a great way to keep patrons updated with the lastest reports from the CEO, Library Manager, Mayor etc.
Perhaps they could also be used as patron training sessions a bit like the ones we have been using to do this course. I think in the end that a lot of time and effort can be spent on these things only to discover that it is no longer relevant.

3 comments:

  1. Once you've come across a few that take too long to download and links that don't work anymore, it is easy to lose interest. I prefer to search in itunes but sadly we can't do that at work (at least I don't think we can).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use itunes to search for podcasts too - i find it much easier, you can browse through heaps od podcasts, and also keep all your podcasts organised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was frustrated with seizing of downloads, you didn't know if it was still downloading or stuck half the time.

    ReplyDelete