Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Twitter

Twitter has been a funny experience for me. I have had all sorts of problems creating the account and logging in. Even today I am having trouble and I did not think social networking was supposed to be this hard. This kinda puts a black cloud over twitter before I have even begun. There can be advantages to using twitter especially when communicating on common topics and brain storming with people that aren't in the same building. Unfortunatley like a lot of wonderful ideas and creations there seem to be some individuals who like to use social networking sites for malicious intent and bring them into disrepute. Perhaps Web 2.0 training can give a lot of these sites the positive kudos they deserve.

6 comments:

  1. Twittering is not for all, certainly not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not for me either. Do not see the point in telling people what you had for breakfast. Who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah im not a huge twitter fan, but a couple of times i have found links to some really interesting sights and news. So i feel it has some worth (but it is true, I feel a part of my day is wasted when I read what someone has had for breakfast)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess some of these things become a habit, but constantly checking on a piece of hardware? Not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The what I had for breakfast type tweets seem a waste, but I hadn't really thought much about the malicious type of tweets. I guess now rumours and gossip can spread even faster than before.

    ReplyDelete